Friday, May 5, 2017

I Just Love My Redbud Tree



When we just finished college, my husband (boyfriend at the time) took a job for a little over a year in Roanoke, Virginia. Such a beautiful area!!!! When I visited, we would drive around the area exploring. I fell in love with the Redbud trees that peeked out from all the scrub and sticks that were everywhere. I saw a lot of them that spring due to the different times of emergence since we were driving in mountainous areas.
I was able to add a Redbud tree to my yard several years ago. I can see it when I am enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning. Here is a pic from early April – it has been in color just under a week. This is the "far" corner of my yard; the northwest corner.


Here are some closeups from today of the flowers.






In other spring news, my bleeding hearts are looking happy.



And here are some grape hyacinths.


And some tulips that the squirrels and rabbits haven’t taken the tops off of yet.


And, my fern-leaf peony.


This shows the frostbite from 2 days ago (Wah!!), but I’m hopeful the rest of the heads will still open.
Some Columbine - a bit early
Prairie Smoke
Violets in the grass (I think they are cute and don't try to get rid of them)




No comments:

Post a Comment