Monday, May 22, 2017

Things are Looking Blue



This time of year, my garden takes on a decided “blue” tone. I realized this a number of years ago. I think it is a bit funny because I do not seek out blue flowers. Part of it is lavender (which I realize is not “blue”), but the overall effect is “blue”. I’ve got some blue salvia (May Nights) just starting. I’ve got assorted blue iris, blue columbine, and blue/lavender wood hyacinth. Also, the (lavender) dwarf lilacs add to the picture.

Variegated Iris


Columbine - I let it wander where it wants to. Some years, I get a lot; sometimes not quite as much. It is easy enough to pull out when it is finished flowering if I think it is in the way. Right now, these are spread through my front beds.


 Wood Hyacinth

 Different iris (I think of these as "Delft", but I do not know their true name).


Petunia (love the speckled effect, although I would prefer it was magenta)

 And, the dwarf lilacs

1 comment: