Friday, October 7, 2016

Found a Peanut



Someone in my neighborhood feeds the critters peanuts. I frequently find shells in my yard. This spring, when I was digging up weeds, I found a peanut that had sprouted. When I dug up the second or third sprouted peanut, I thought it would be fun to see what would happen if I let it grow. I moved it to a better location (out of my mum bed), and put a marker by it. Here it is.


As I was doing some garden cleanup today, I decided to dig the plant out and see what had happened. I got some baby peanuts!

I’m not actually going to do anything with it, so it all went into the yard waste heap. But, I thought it was an interesting experiment!

My Knockout Roses are getting new blooms.


As are my Nearly Wild Roses.



1 comment:

  1. Whole fields of peanuts await harvest here. What fun to see that they actually grew from a chance planting! Last roses are always a treat, too.

    ReplyDelete