Monday, October 31, 2016

Winding Down in my Garden


We've had a good fall! Decent warmth (relatively), not too much rain during the days, a bit of frost, but not real hard frost yet.




Lots of yellow leaves when I look around my garden. Yellow in the hostas, Redbud, Linden, Birch. Some reds from the Barberries and the Ninebarks, but it is more subdued.



Plenty of pops of color from the mums, but you have to be looking at them to notice. I gaze out my kitchen window and daydream about what I might change for next year.



I’ve got a lot of plants already cut down and cleaned up in the back and along the sides of the house. In my neighborhood, you can rake all the leaves and plant debris to the street for pickup. The city makes about 2 passes between Oct 15 and Nov 15 or so.

The mums in front are looking “fabulous, dahling”! These ones I leave until the bitter end. Sometimes, I don’t even cut the front areas back until March or so.



You can see a couple of late blooming snapdragons in the pic below.



No comments:

Post a Comment